Red Willow Ministries Statement of Faith
We believe in God the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
We believe in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord.
He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into the dead, on the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church
The communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins
The resurrection of the body and the life everlasting
- We believe in the Father, Son & Holy Spirit as the three in one Triune God. (1 John 5:7)
- We believe in God the Father, as the creator of heaven and earth. (Genesis 1:1-2)
- We believe that God became flesh and dwelt among us as Jesus Christ. (John 1:14,Matthew 1:20-25)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, sent to dwell within us, equip us and guide us in God’s will. (John 14:26-27, 1 Corinthians 3:10-15)
- We confess that humankind by nature does not fear, love, or trust God and all people stand under judgment for sin. (Romans 3:19-23)
- We believe in Jesus’ death as an atoning sacrifice for the sins of all people. (1 Corinthians 15:3-11, Matthew 1:20-25, Romans 6:3, 1 Corinthians 15:55-57)
- We believe that Jesus was raised from the dead by the glory of God the Father and has destroyed the power of death. (Romans 6:3, 1 Corinthians 15:55-57)
- We believe we are saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that the Triune God desires a daily relationship with his people. (Luke 9:23,Matthew 11:28-30, Matthew 6:9-13)
- We believe that we are all called to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28: 18-20)
- We believe that the Gospel is the power of God for the Salvation of believers. (Romans 1:16, Romans 10:14-15)
- We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God intended to guide, instruct and encourage Christians. (Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 119:105, 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe the church is the body of Christ where each member has a specific calling in accordance to the gifts given to them by God. All are also called to be active in kindness and charity. (1 Corinthians 12, 1 Peter 4:7-11)
We believe God is…
the Invisible (Job 23:8,9), Unsearchable (Psalm 145:3), Incorruptible (Romans 1:23), Eternal (Deut. 33:27), Immortal (1 Timothy 1:17), Omnipotent (Genesis 17:1), Omniscient (Proverbs 5:21), Omnipresent (Jeremiah 23:23), Immutable (James 1:17), Glorious (Exodus 15:11), Most High (Acts 7:48), Perfect (Matthew 5:48), Holy (Isaiah 5:16), Just (Deut. 32:4), True (John 17:3), Upright (Psalm 92:15), Righteous (Ezra 9:15), Good (Psalm 25:8), Great (2 Chronicles 2:5), Gracious (Exodus 34:6), Faithful (1 Peter 4:19), Merciful (Psalm 86:5), Patient (Numbers 14:18), Jealous (Nahum 1:2), Compassionate (2 Kings 13:23).